Herbs and spices are the life and soul in our food (and drink), at best they are a gateway between cultures and help us connect socially.
No wonder that there is an old saying ‘the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’, which means that if a woman wants a man to fall in love with her, she needs to be able to prepare excellent meals, which in turn demands understanding and appreciation for herbs and spices and how to best use them.
The important word in the vast and endless magical world of herbs and spices is quality, as quality truly makes all the difference.
High quality potent herbs and spices not only taste great, but have a positive effect on body, mind and health, which is why focusing on quality is not only wise, it is one of the best and cheapest ways of caring for our wellbeing.
How to identify ingredient quality?
· Aroma > if there is a strong aroma it is a sign of quality, try comparing ingredients of high and low quality to realize the difference in aroma.
· Taste > is the taste strong and potent or flat and boring, does the taste fuse with other ingredients and actually change the taste of the food.
· Visual > is the color of the ingredient vibrant or lifeless, this is a direct reflection of biodiversity. However we should remember that companies widely use chemicals, color and other additives to improve the look (and taste) of ingredients, so always check the ingredients list.
· Origin > understand where the ingredient is from, most companies purchase and package the ingredients they sell, which means the origin may be in doubt.
· Health > how do ingredients make us feel short, medium and long term, is there any impact on metabolism, immunity, skin, lungs, mind, brain… organic high quality ingredients always leave their mark on us.
How should we use herbs and spices?
· Awareness > it is important to note that quality often increases impact, which means that body and mind will receive more benefits from the ingredient, this is why one should always start with less and increase intake in line with how body and mind react.
· Approach > it is wise to widen the use of spices rather than sticking to a few trusted ones, because each herb and spice has its own composition and therefore impact on body and mind.
· Creativity > be creative, trying new combinations often results in diversity in terms of diet, which is a very positive thing.
· Quantity > high quality herbs and spices are more potent compared to regular or low quality ones, therefore use them more scarcely. General rule of thumb, only use half the amount of high quality herbs and spice compared to regular quality use.
· Impact > high quality herbs and spices have diverse nutrient and therapeutic properties, which is why variety is important, too much of the same is rarely good for body and mind.
Finally, there is no need to fear high quality spices, just start with small doses and see how you go, and if you are unsure you can always ask for advice, we will answer your questions
No products were found matching your selection.